Here is an assortment of links to pages about the Transition Movement, peak oil, climate change and other related topics. These are simply pages which, at one time or another, looked interesting to a member of Transition Bay St. Margaret's. Not all have been given more than a cursory inspection and none of them, being external links, necessarily represent the views of Transition Bay St Margarets. Your mileage may vary; use at your own risk.
TRANSITION MOVEMENT RELATED
- The main Transition Network site
- The Transition Initiatives Primer by Ben Brangwyn and Rob Hopkins.
- Download the Primer 2.0 > Transition Primer US Version. More condensed, easier, and North American.
- transitionguelph.org Excellent condensed information on the basics of Transition Movement
- Canadian Centre for Community Renewal
- 3-minute video Why Transition? created by Transition United States
- Joanna Kohler's beautiful rendering of Training for Transition workshop in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
- Blessed Unrest, an inspiring 6-minute address by Paul Hawken.
- An interview with Rob Hopkins, founder of Totnes, the original Transition Town.
- Atlantic Canadian Transition and Sustainability Initiatives
Other Canadian Transition and Sustainability Initiatives
- Post Carbon London Ontario
- Dundas, Ontario in Transition
- James Kinnear is spearheading a new transition initiative in Collingwood Ontario
- Eden Mills is Going Carbon Neutral
- Bulletin Board for Ottawa's Transition Initiative
- Peterborough Ontario, Canada's first official Transition Town Here's a link to the Transition Town Peterborough Information document
- Transition Oakville
- Transition Nelson, B.C., Canada's fifth official initiative
- Transition Ottawa.
- Alberni Valley, BC
- Barrie, ON
- Cocagne, NB
- Cowichan, BC
- Dundas, ON
- Golden Ears, BC
- London, ON
- Poplar Hill/Coldstream, BC Resiliency Initiative
- Powell River, BC
- Salt Spring Island, BC
- Vancouver, BC
- Transition Victoria
- Transition York Region, ON
- There are now dozens of communities and regions in Canada that have become Transition Towns or are "mulling" it over. For the complete list, with links to the website of each, click here and search on "Canada."
Global Transition Towns
- Transition US
- TRANSITION BOULDER COUNTY .. The entire city of Boulder going local!
- Transition Colorado
- Sandpoint Idaho Transition Initiative (great video clips!)
- relocalize.net (lots of great information and resources!)
- Wikipedia Entry: "Transition Towns"
- CBC Story about the Totnes Transition Initiative
- Youtube Video
- New Zealand celebrates a year of Transition
- Transition Towns Facebook group (requires a Facebook account to access)
- Transition Voice Online Magazine
- An Outline of Benefits from a Lower Energy Civilization
- Ontario Sustainable Energy Association website
- Is the Oil Beginning to Run Out?
- Optimists and Pessimists
- Secret Documents
- The Solutions
- What will we eat as the oil runs out?
- Permaculture Institute
- David Holmgren -Holmgren Design Services
- Essence of Permaculture – free eBook English version (2007 update - PDF - 468KB) --16 page summary of permaculture concept and principles taken from Permaculture: Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability 2002.
- Ten of the twenty-eight articles from Collected Writings (first edition) by David Holmgren are available as free downloads at the Collected Writings 1st edition page.
- Solviva: Solar-Dynamic Bio-Benign Design
- Permaculture web links & resources, texts available http://files.uniteddiversity.com/Permaculture/
- Permaculture: Resource List Visit www.permaculture.net for the worlds most comprehensive and complete information about Permaculture.
- David Suzuki Foundation Climate Change Page
- 2 Degrees C - David Noble's Website
- Wikipedia Entry: Climate Change
- Pembina Institute
- 350.org. The most important number on the planet
- David Suzuki Institute: Sustainability within a Generation http://www.davidsuzuki.org/publications/reports/2004/sustainability-with...
- Path To Freedom - One Step at a Time... A Living Revolution. Excellent urban homesteading site
- Sustainability: Living on Earth as if we want to stay
- Community Solutions: Positive strategies for Peak Oil and Climate Change
- Official Website for film, The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil
- The Transition Companion - Rob Hopkins
- The Transition Handbook: From Oil Dependency to Local Resilience - Rob Hopkins
- The Transition Timeline - Shaun Chamberlin
- The Long Descent: A User's Guide to the End of the Industrial Age - John Michael Greer
- The Upside of Down: Catastrophe, Creativity, and the Renewal of Civilization - Thomas Homer-Dixon
- Plan C: Community Survival Strategies for Peak Oil and Climate Change - Pat Murphy
- Peak Everything: Waking Up to the Century of Declines - Richard Heinberg
- The Oil Depletion Protocol - Richard Heinberg
- Post-Carbon Cities: Planning for Energy and Climate Uncertainty - Daniel Lerch, Post-Carbon Institute
- Arithmetic, Population and Energy - Dr. Albert Bartlett - Recorded 2002, even more relevant today.
- An Inconvenient Truth - Al Gore
- The 11th Hour
- The End of Suburbia - Oil Depletion and the Collapse of the American Dream
- Escape From Suburbia - Beyond the American Dream
- A Crude Awakening - The Oil Crash
- Petroapocalypse Now
- The Power of Community - How Cuba Survived Peak Oil
- The Greening of Cuba - Cuba after the collapse of the Soviet Union
- Crude Impact
- Energy Crossroads: a Burning Need to Change Course
- The Age of Stupid
- What A Way To Go: Life at the End of Empire
- Money As Debt
- In Transition